2021 is right around the corner and so is the new policy start dates for insurance. For those who get insurance through their employer, there isn’t much to be concerned about. However, for those who are still seeking the best healthcare company to meet their specific needs, Inner Circle Billing has dug deep and found which insurance companies are a hit going into 2021.
- United Healthcare (UHC) – this company is the largest for the total number of covered lives with policies available in all 50 states. UHC’s available network is enormous, giving the policy holder a wide variety of available physicians, hospitals and other options for coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield – second in comparison to UHC over covered patients, BCBS offers a variety of coverage markets for those who are even seeking Medicare/Medicaid policies or small business looking for coverage for employees. BCBS offers a variety of options and plans for those seeking coverage.
- Aetna – CVS bought Aetna in 2018 and is the third largest health care company. Founded in 1853, Aetna offers insurance mainly to employers and its employees. Aetna removed itself from the ACA (affordable care act) in 2015 due to loss of revenue. However, Aetna’s online patient care portal is unlike any out there when needing to schedule appointments or ease of access (compatible with iPhone, android and apple watch)
- Cigna – This healthcare company is the 4th largest and has the best coverage if heading out of the U.S. whether for a short-term vacation or a lengthy period of time; the international coverage is extensive with 1.65 million hospitals available. Cigna offers benefits for dental, vision, behavioral health and Medicare/Medicaid plans.
- Humana – Humana specializes in affordable Medicare policies for those who need just a little bit extra at an affordable rate. Founded in 1961, Humana began selling long term insurance before switching to healthcare. However, since 2017, Humana has pulled coverage in 11 states, but if the patient has coverage in the state no longer affiliated with Humana, Humana will still honor the policy.